Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

Duddon Valley Fell Races Saturday 1 June

Just a reminder to everyone that it is the Duddon Valley Fell Races this Saturday 1st June from the Newfield Inn, Seathwaite and I hope as many of you as possible will come and run. Will Ross has set up on line pre-entries on the website (just do a search Duddon Valley Fell Race) and has a helpful course description and route map. Pre-entry is £6 but you can still come on the day and pay £7 for the long and £6 for the short. The long is about 18 miles including Harter, Hardknott, Little Stand, Three Shires, Swirl How, Dow and Caw. The short is about 9.5 miles and finishes on the same route as the long so is a good option if you are not quite ready for the long - it is also easier to get into the prizes where BCR have done well in the past. In the long, Hollie Orr had a great win last year beating Sharon Taylor so I hope will seek to retain her crown.

Comments

• The Duddon races went well despite the mist and a creditable 117 of the 127 starters managed to finish the long which was won by Rhys Findley-Robinson of Dark Peak by some margin in 2.59.15 and first Lady was Bryony Halcrow of Harrogate Harriers. Matt Allan was first BCR home in 4.01.26 ahead of John Evason 4.27.11, Will Ross 5.10.12, Sue Ross 5.11.09 and Steve Wrathall 5.36.17. BCR again did well in the short with Gavin Lloyd winning, Nick Sebley 6th & Phil Clayton 8th. Thanks to everyone who helped as marshals, timing etc and to John Bailey who I nabbed to assist me on finishing the prizes and who helped me explain to two moaning ladies that there cannot be a prize for every category in the short race particularly when only 26 ran!