Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

New races

The race spam pile seems to have disappeared so here's a new one, starting with THE LAP, which is quite a nice sounding 45 mile run round Windermere with some hills in it, which you can have at the special discount price of £1.22 a mile.

Hi Team Black Combe Runners,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you with this but I was hoping you could pass it on to your club members?

It's not strictly a fell race but there might be a few members that are interested and we've set up a discount code for local clubs.

It is called THE LAP and is a 45mi route on tracks and trails around Windermere, taking in High Dam, Gummer's How, Orrest Head, Wansfell, Loughrigg and Latterbarrow. It's taking place on Saturday 7th September from the YMCA Lakeside (Camping [£8] and B&B [£35] available onsite, by the lake shore). Well stocked aid stations, hot food and plenty of cake, plus we've got ace caterers for finisher's meals plus (hopefully!) a beer from a local brewery as our medals! You couldn't ask for a more beautiful venue too.

https://www.thelap.co.uk/
https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=5613

"THE LAP - Lake Windermere Ultra - Saturday 7th to Sunday 8th September 2019
A 45 mile anticlockwise Ultra Trail around Lake Windermere. Open to runners and walkers, fully way-marked and with generous cut-offs; it makes a great introduction to longer races or a fast, low level option for experienced racers."

Its a really nice route and all very runnable. We've given generous cut-offs to get as many people involved as we can but also hoping to get some faster bods along as it will make a great, fast ultra, plus cash prizes to help that along.

We’re keen to get as many local runners as possible and so we’re offering a £10 discount off their entry with code, until the end of April:

CUMBRIA19

Making it just £55.

This is our first year and we're late to the party getting launched but we were just keen to get it out there. The price will go up for 2020 but anyone that enters this year will get a pay freeze if they come back next year (plus the added interest of it being run in the opposite direction each year!).

I'd really appreciate it if you could spread the word.