Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

Social Runs and Minutes of Committee Meeting 3-1-17

edited January 2017 in Social Runs

BLACK COMBE RUNNERS MINUTES
Tuesday 3-1-17 @ The Stan Laurel Ulverston
Present;
Pete and Hazel, Ian Verber, Becca, Sophie, John Millen, James G, Matt Allen, Sue, Helen W, Rob Mc

Apologies for absence; Tim and Beth

1. Minutes and Actions of the Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed.

Dunnerdale Fell Race;
2. Well done to Andy who is stepping down as organiser after 10+ years and good luck to Mike V who is taking over next year.

3 Kirkby Fell Race
Dave P has retired as race orgainiser after 22 years. Hazel will take over in 2017 big thanks to them both.
Bob Grieve Trophy not awarded at the Xmas Presentation. It was agreed that in future it will be awarded at the Kirkby Fell Race

4 Winter training League has started see website FB, etc for details Action Matt Allen
More helpers need if anyone is available contact Matt

5 AGM discussion of Election of Officials etc Guest speaker at the AGM will be Mike Jones Action The Committee
In order to alleviate a busy schedule. This year there will be an optional run at 6.00pm. Meal at 6.45pm. AGM 7.45pm. Mike Jones presentation 9.00pm. Rob to confirm Kepplewray booking with Val
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

1. SOCIAL RUNS
    10th January Spark Bridge/Royal Oak/Julian/Matt Allen
    17th January Black Combe/Punch Bowl/Dave P
    24th January Scissors/Blacksmiths/Ian V
    31st January AGM Kepplewray
    7th February The Gill (off road)/Stan Laurel/Pete T re-arranged from the 10 of Jan
    14th February White Pike /Newfield/Sue
    21st February Bouth/Farmers/John
    28th February Askam Pier-Roanhead/Brown Cow/Rob Mc
    7th March Bigland/Anglers/ Pete T
    14th March Coniston Old Man from Torver/Wilsons Arms/Matt Allen
    DATE OF NEXT MEETING 7th March

Comments

• Hello there,
    Would somebody mind popping the social runs into the BCR calendar?
    Cheers!
    Beth

• And can we swap the runs of the 7th and the 14th of Feb, full moon is poosible on the 7th, moonrise isn't till after 9pm on the 14th.

• Should probably do the same with March 7th and 14th.

• In case anyone expects to run from the Gill next Tuesday, please note it is a full moon run from the Newfield instead (it is up to date on the calendar now). The Gill will be the week after.

• The next few runs on a Tuesday night are now this....

21st February Bouth/Farmers/John
    28th February Askam Pier-Roanhead/Brown Cow/Rob Mc
    7th March Coniston Old Man from Torver/Wilsons Arms/Matt Allen.
    14th March Bigland/Anglers/ Pete T
    DATE OF NEXT MEETING 7th March

HAVING SWAPPED THE LAST TWO RUNS TO ENSURE USE OF THE FULL MOON, MATT IS STILL IN OZ FOR THE 7th MARCH RUN, ANY VOLUNTEERS TO LEAD?

• I've put those in the calendar at last. Can't lead on the 7th, though:
    not my week.

• I can swap you with the 14th Will.

• This Week it's my turn to organise. Let me know if you're eating at the Farmer's in Lowick and I'll book it. Meet in the layby South of Bouth for a head torch 10k around the dark Rusland valley roads, hopefully avoiding any river crossings.