Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

Hoad Hill Summer 10k

edited July 2014 in Social Runs

This road race is on Wednesday 13th August, £8 for affiliated runners and £10 unaffiliated runners, there is also a 1 mile fun run around the Glaxo grounds for £2.50 entry. Medals and momentos for all finishers in the main race and medal for fun run. SUPERB prizes for the first 5 in male and female in the main race thanks to Coniston Outdoors and vet prizes for all age categories from FV35/MV40 to FV75/MV75 - so come on Ken and Keith - now's your chance but watch out for Peter Hall of Striders!
Main race starts at 11.00 registration on the day from 10am, pre entries race entry forms on www.hoadhillharriers.co.uk or john schofield's site; last date for pre entry is 6th August.
Fun run starts at 11.05am. Look forward to seeing you there :smile:

Comments

• OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Main race starts at 7.15pm and registration from 6pm and fun run from 7.20pm - sorry for the clanger above - was thinking about the Xmas 10k start times ( Sunday 7th December)
    :shamed::shamed:

• Don't forget to dust off those road shoes hidden at the back of your cupboards it's Hoad Hill Summer 10k this Wednesday - entries on the day from 6pm, affiliated runners £8 non affiliated £10 and there is a 1 mile off road loop fun run for any Broughton Juniors or siblings who wish to have a go

• A good night for BCR last night.\
    The winner was Tom Durcan of Derwent AC in 33.56 with the BCR's being
    Mike McIver in third place in 35.19, Harvey Lord 13th in 37.20, Gavin
    Lloyd 27th in 39.01, Hollie Orr 31st and 2nd lady in 39.26, Pete Tayler
    54th in 42.05, Pete Grayson 90th in 44.50, James Goffe 91st in 45.05,
    Lou Lyness 103rd and first F60 in 46.03 and Mike Jewell 110th in 46.25.\
    Sorry but I only got hold of the first page of results so the rest of
    the results are to follow.\
    Mike and Hollie ran as Barrow Striders and also picked up team prizes
    though I did notice Mike wore his Black Combe vest.

• The remaining results of last night's summer 10k are as follows: (BCR times)

(Rebecca Sheffield won the ladies race in 38:55.)

Colin Benn 47:31.....showing unattached on results.
    Andrew Gittins 49:30
    Me 56:22
    Susan Dowker-Thompson 56:22

The table will need updating and whilst Harvey is almost certain to win the men's road champs, only two women can now qualify....Penny and Lou (who still needs to run the remaining three races, but she does enter a new age category on the eve of the Langdale half marathon that could make interesting reading if she does complete the series, though I wonder does the handicap alter if a member enters a new age category during a champs series).:smile: