Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

Wasdale Fell Race

5 Black Combers ran at Wasdale today in great conditions - nice and warm, some sunshine, some cloud, some wind and a little spatter of rain at the end to cool us all off!
Great race, really enjoyed it...some great views and fun running, with a nice knee-pounding descent to finish...followed by endless sandwiches, cakes and tea! Well done all :)

Times below:

1st - Simon Harding (Macc Harriers) - 4:09:38
1st Lady - Jasmin Paris (Carnethy) - 4:13:05 (less than a minute off the record)

19th - Tim Ripper - 5:01:43
33rd - Mike Vogler - 5:17:51
37th - Harvey Lord - 5:20:13
41st - Simon Laheney - 5:22:03
57th - Phil Clayton - 5:38:52

Comments

• Brilliant to 'be back' as it were. Such excellent camaraderie and banter. Harvey, you scared me sitting in my slip stream over broad crag! I half expected a tap on the shoulder Pete Taylor style on scafell pike summit. Tim, you disappeared, mate...good legs. Super running by all. Right, three shires, Derek price...? Game on...:smile:

• Brill. I'll get you next time Vogler! :devil:

• That is awesome guys .. especially Tim Ripper ... finding some brilliant form after his BG .. well done !! .. That Jasmin needs testiing !! ... only 6 minutes behind the leading guy !!!