Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

Coniston Trail Marathon: This Sunday, Lift required please.

The next club champs counter race in the road series, even though it's a trail race, is this Sunday's Lakeland Trails marathon from Coniston Old Hall / Landing point on the lake shore.
The race starts at 9am, and only myself and Pete Tayler are on the start list, on the final details section of their website.

I am asking here if anyone can give me a lift please either to Coniston or even Broughton as there is no public transport from Millom early on Sunday's.
Please either text / call my mobile 0777 3289118 or email me karlfursey@hotmail.co.uk if you can help.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicksand training on Sunday morning I'm afraid mate, otherwise I'd have used it as a good excuse to go fell walking in the Coniston Fells. Hope you get sorted and good luck in the race.

You could always run there. Be a great little warm-up. :smile:

• Think you need to book a taxi now, in case all busy on the morning of the race - good luck

• Considering the blistering hot conditions 2 reasonable results

Pete Tayler 4.00.36

Karl Fursey 5.41.34

Winning time 2.54 and 259 competitors