Welcome!

This forum is (mostly) public and you are welcome to browse around. Participation is limited to members of BCR. If you don't already have an account, please click 'register' below. It shouldn't take long to approve your request.

Loughrigg / Silverhowe Chase fell race champs counter

edited February 2011 in Black Combe championships

You may be interested to know that this race is happening TWICE this year.

We already have it in our club champs counters as the last of the medium category fell races in the summer on Sunday, 26th June, which may be pre-entry only as it's an English champs counter as well, HOWEVER, those that fancy giving it a go in advance as a useful recce of the route can do so next Sunday (20th Feb).

There are details on CFRs website and basically it's a midday start, from Rothay Park, (Ambleside) with a £3 on the day entry fee, with registration and changing at the town's rugby club from 10:30. There is soup, tea and flapjack for all runners after.

Yes, I know it's our winter league race up and down the Combe next Sunday as well, but this now gives you the opportunity (or dilema) of deciding wheather to go there and check out this event, especially if you plan to take part in it in June, or sticking with our own WTL event instead.

I can't see the committee rescheduling our WTL race to a later date (or having it the day before??) because of this bonus event next weekend.:smile:

Comments

• Thanks, Karl. It's a shame about the date-clash but I think we'll go
    ahead with the Black Combe up and down race on Sunday. I'll post details
    on Thursday in the usual way.