control panel show

Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Feeds

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

karl Dec 19th 2017

Any dates for the BCR winter training league after the Po House 9km road loop which is always on New Year's Day please?

MJAllen Dec 30th 2017

Dear Black Combe Runners,

I hope that everyone had a cracking Christmas and is well rested! It is now time to start thinking about your running ambitions and goals for 2018 and what better way to kick start the New Year than the Winter Training League.

Sorry I am so late in posting the fixture list for 2018, please find the dates for your diaries included below. If you spot any fundamental anomalies please let me know.

Prologue
Date: Monday 1st January 2018

Race 1
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018

Race 2
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018

Race 3
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018

Race 4
Date: Sunday 11th February 2018

Race 5
Date: Sunday 18th February 2018

Race 6
Date: Sunday 4th March 2018

As many of you are aware, I am now regularly based at Barnard Castle in Teesdale for work. So this year, more than ever, I shall be looking for willing volunteers to take the lead in hosting each fixture.

I am proposing that the Po House fixture starts at 11:00 on New Year’s Day with all remaining Winter League races commencing at 10:30, which should provide ample time earlier in the morning to mark up the relevant course.

On a final note, for anyone who is not familiar with the Winter League, please follow the enclosed hyperlink for more details on the general concept and scoring system. (http://bcrunners.org.uk/cal/winterleague).

Wishing you all a healthy and prosperous 2018,

Matthew.

karl Dec 30th 2017

Still think Birkrigg should be moved to the 28th Jan and Whin Rigg left at 11th Feb.
This would give members a choice of having the 4th off, or more likely they'll want to give Kendal winter league races Birkrigg fixture a go, especially as it's right on our patch, and Lizzie has her speed sessions here, plus there wouldn't be three consecutive Sundays of our winter league runs after the 14th Jan's race.

JulianD Dec 30th 2017

Thanks for sorting this out again Matthew, we will be more than happy to flag and loosely organise the Giants Grave fixture on 14th Jan.

Pete T Jan 6th 2018

The route for tomorrow’s Winter League race, starts at 10:30am at the Hawk (Hawk Bridge) beyond Broughton Mills. The course will be (sort of) flagged - clockwise round the right hand loop then anti-clockwise round the left hand loop.

Pete T Jan 6th 2018

Well that upload worked well...map will be available at the race!

MJAllen Jan 6th 2018

Good Morning Black Combe Runners,

The next round of the Winter League starts from Appletree Worth at 10:30 on Sunday 7th January 2017; my thanks to Hazel and Pete for taking the lead to coordinate proceedings. Parking is limited, so I recommend that you car share where possible. For those new to the Winter League, make sure you dig out the off-road shoes from now on! The course is mostly track and trail, approximately 9.3 kilometres in length with about 300 metres of ascent. The contest for the trophies starts getting a lot more competitive from here on in!

Have a great weekend,

Matthew.

MJAllen Jan 6th 2018

Dear Karl,

Many thanks for your feedback on the fixture list for the Winter Training League. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. Three races over three weekends is probably a little excessive. Since Helm Hill are running on “our” patch, it would be great to turn up and show them who really is the best fell running club in town!

If the race organisers are in agreement, I will move the Birkrigg Common fixture to Sunday 28th January 2018 to enable club members the opportunity to squeeze in some local training before then competing in the Kendal Winter League at the same venue on Sunday 4th February 2018.

http://www.helmhill.co.uk/pdfs/Helm%20documents/KWLFixtures2018.pdf

This will subsequently mean that the new route up Whin Rigg is postponed until Sunday 11th February 2018.

I shall keep you updated on the final decision.

All the very best,

Matthew.

MJAllen Jan 6th 2018

Afternoon All,

For those that have not yet guessed, the weekend is a time for me to catch up on administration and correspondence!

So apologies for the delay, but please finally find attached the results from the first round of the Winter Training League held at Po House on New Year’s Day. There were just the ten runners, who managed to bag themselves some low scores in the battle to become Champion for 2018.

Having set off together John Bailey and Rob Overton had a great tussle all the way round the course with Rob just surging ahead to claim victory. Will Ross also put in a strong performance having started from the back of the pack; perhaps he has eyes on some silverware this year! The fastest scratch time on the day was set by Martin Currie in a time of 43:18.

I am looking forward to seeing lots of eager and enthusiastic runners at Appletree Worth tomorrow morning and so I best start refining the handicap times knowing just how competitive everyone is.

See you soon,

Matthew.

Beth Jan 12th 2018

Matt - Oops just seen this!
Thankfully Tim and I are available on the changed date for the Whin Rigg race so we can still lead organisation of this one, if that helps..? We'll send further details closer to the time.
Have you got many volunteers for the other races? If not we may need to ask folk via the fb group (not sure how many people use the forum regularly now).
Looking forward to it!
Beth

JulianD 5 days ago