control panel show

Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Feeds

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

robmck Nov 1st 2017

BLACK COMBE RUNNERS COMMITTEE MEETING
Minutes; Tuesday 7th November, The Farmers Arms, Lowick

Present;

Apologies for absence;

1. Minutes and Actions of the Previous Meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed.

2. Captains Update; Action Becca

Hodgson Brothers Mountain Relay

English Championships

FRAs Relays, etc

BCR Champs

London marathon ballot
Clothing still available buffs (£7) and car stickers (£1). The Ron Hill club-colour t-shirt
3. Junior Section update: Action Sophie
Funding another CiRF (junior coach). Funding is now with the Lakeland 100 Sophie has been liaising with them, funding has been agreed in principle. I think this has now been received. Sophie to confirm. Val to discuss possible sponsorship from Cumbria athletics
Sophie and Lynn booked on level 2 course 23rd September. This will enable them both to train juniors. With a view to recruiting for junior section next year
4. Black Combe Mountain Festival 11th November Update Beth

Sold out!! Amazing effort by Beth and those who helped; website and ticketing a major success

5. Dunnerdale Fell Race 11th November update Action Mike Vogler/Andy Gittins

6. Kirkby Fell Race 25th November Action Hazel
Everything in place, if you haven’t already please let Hazel know if you can help

7. Xmas party and Prize giving: Confirmed 16th December at the Malt Kiln Bardsea

Cost £15/head, real plates! Bring your own drink. Please let Sophie and Becca know if you are going

8. Returning of club kit is there still anything outstanding Flags Stopwatch, Banners, etc

9. Race Prizes Tim and Pete to discuss with BCR race organizers regarding equality with Men’s and Women’s prizes

10. Any other business

AGM 30-1-18 Nomination of Officers. Please notify if you wish to be nominated for a position, are seeking re-election or standing down

SOCIAL RUNS

7th November Blawith Malarkey/ Farmer Arms/Matt A

14th November Kirkby Moor/from Kirkby Moor Top / Greyhound/Rob

?

DATE OF NEXT MEETING 2nd January

Pete T Nov 2nd 2017

Hi all, proposals for the next social runs.....

21 Nov Caw from Kiln Bank Cross new route Kings Head Pete T
28 Nov Hills of Ulverston Stan Laurel Rob McK
5 Dec full moon Goats Water & Old Man from fell gate The Crown Tim
12 Dec Appletreeworth Blacksmiths Ian V
19 Dec Spark Bridge/Lowick trails, Farmers Arms Julian
2 Jan full moon White Pike Newfield James
9 Jan Bigland Hall Anglers Arms Pete T
16 Jan Tilberthwaite Trails, The Crown, Will or Sue
23 Jan Black Combe, Punchbowl, Will or Sue

Hope these are ok, all off-road, higher runs at full moon

Matt Nov 6th 2017

Regarding the Tilberthwaite run on the 16th, if Sue / Will would like a break from leading, I have a Tilberthwait run that I have been saving till the winter that I can lead. Goes from Tilberthwait over Great Intake, through Cathedral Caves with a pause within them to view the gold fish and to have and a echoing Apache war scream, around Hodge Close, up Ivy Crag and back. 6 miles and 480m of ascent over a whole variety of surfaces. Just an option.

Pete T Nov 6th 2017

That’s great Matt, we’ll include that. Will/Sue could do one in the next set.

JulianD Nov 7th 2017

I'll be very happy to lead a run from Spark Bridge but we'll be away on 19th December. I can do 28th November or 12th December if either of those would like to swap? I'm planning a new route from Spark to Bouth and Colton - mixed road and trail.