control panel show

Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Feeds

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Will Aug 12th 2017

Everyone wants to give you something to eat. This just came in from the organiser of the Lakeland Country Fair race:

Lakeland Country Fair Fell Race – Volunteers Needed
I’m organising the Lakeland Country Fair Fell Race again at Torver on Sunday 20th August. We normally have around 50 competitors from far and wide who race up the Old Man and back.
I need two marshals for the top of the Old Man and three others to help with registration and timekeeping. Please contact me if you can help or would like more information. Helpers get free entry to the show and a packed lunch & drink …and my undying gratitude!
Nigel Coe nigel@coessential.co.uk 07745 028 863

Will Aug 12th 2017

Also please note that the show venue and race route have changed:

Lakeland Country Fair Fell Race – Runners Needed Too!!
The Lakeland Country Fair Fell Race is from Torver to the top of the Old Man and back. Race entry is free if you’ve paid for the Fair (£5). There are also children’s races. See http://www.lakelandcountryfair.co.uk/fell_races.htm This year the site of the fair, and therefore the start, finish and length of the race, have changed. The fair will be less than a kilometre away from the old site, towards Coniston, and will be well signed. The race will be shorter (9km) but with nearly the same amount of ascent. As the start and finish are in private farm fields they cannot be reccied. The best way to reccy the majority of the route is to take the footpath northwest from Little Arrow (1km north of Torver on the A593). (The actual race route joins the walled section of this footpath from the south.) After the walled section, continue in the same direction , with another gate and footbridge, to join the old race route just north of the sheep pens and bridge.