control panel show

Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Feeds

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Becca Dec 7th 2016

Hello, the Ladies Fell Runner of the Year trophy hasn't been engraved since 2003 and I'd like to bring it up to date before everyone forgets who won it between then and now.

We've found a few names:

2004 Nicky Goffe?
2005 not awarded
2006 not awarded
2007 Sue
2008 Sue
2009 ?
2010 ?
2011 ?
2012 ?
2013 ?
2014 ?
2015 Beth

I'm happy to get a quote for a plate to go on the slate trophy and all the names engraved on but a cheaper option is to write reeeallly neatly on a white sticker and put that on the back. Then it's more likely to be kept up to date as people can surely be bothered to write their name on it even if they wouldn't have bothered to get it engraved. Opinions??

Pete T Dec 8th 2016

Becca, I think the club should pay for that, I'd normally expect an individual do it for any one year, but this may cost a bit.
Eddie Sharp still operates, out of Domus.

Beth Dec 8th 2016

Hi Becca,

The table in this newsie might help to track back. Looks like mostly Sue sweeping up LFROTY!
http://bcrunners.org.uk/assets/1103/newsie_oct_2014.pdf

Maybe worth getting historic winners on the plastic cup, and start from 2016 for the slate trophy? That way it will last longer? Not sure if anyone has any other views?

Cheers
Beth

Ps. Sorry for not getting my name on there either :shocked:

Becca Dec 14th 2016

Eddie Sharpe/Kendal Trophies says we can get a plate and 5 names on the small trophy for about £25. Which would be:
2004 Nicky Goffe
2007 - 2011 Sue Hodkinson
2012 Val Gill
2014 - 2015 Beth Ripper
2016 Becca Rooke
So we wouldn't have to go onto the big trophy yet. A plate on the back of the big trophy would be about £3.
Are you happy with the cost Pete? The trophies I've had engraved there in the past have cost me nearly £8 just to get the year and my name so £25 is a good deal. And I'm happy to contribute the £8 I was expecting to have to pay anyway.

Pete T Dec 15th 2016

Yes, carry on Becca

JamesG Dec 18th 2016

Nice of you to go back to 2004 so Nicky can be recognised:bigsmile:

verbs May 27th 2017

The men's Winter League trophy also has a large gap - it was even larger before I got hold of it!
Basically the names of the winners from 1995 when Ken Lindley won it to 2006 when Phil Newton won it are missing but there is a suitable space to include these names if we have them.
If anyone can fill in the missing decade or wants to claim a particular year I'd be happy to get it updated.