control panel show

Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Feeds

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

y rush Apr 23rd 2015

Good luck to Andy Gittins and Karl Fursey running around London this weekend trying to catch Paula Radcliffe and the world record time of 2.02.57 :bigsmile:

JamesG Apr 23rd 2015

Do I not need any luck Penny?

simst Apr 23rd 2015

Good luck to all, what's the forecast looks like it could be a warm one

Simon

y rush Apr 23rd 2015

Sorry James I didn't know you were running too, as I wasn't sure you were going after Dent because you had hurt your ankle - so good luck
Sim the weather is forecast for 14'c and rain with a 10mph ne wind; hopefully not until we start and will stopped when we finish :wink:

JamesG Apr 25th 2015

Getting ready to travel down to London this am. Just like to say thank you to everyone who sponsored me for WellChild – an organisation who helps sick children in hospitals and supports them at home with nurse support – there is a WellChild nurse based in Barrow. If there is anyone else who would also like to sponsor me I have set up a just giving page and any donation however small would be greatly appreciated at www.justgiving.com/James-goffe1

HelenW Apr 25th 2015

Very best of luck James! :bigsmile:

HelenW Apr 25th 2015

Ooops: and Karl and Andy too! :shamed:

Tim R Apr 26th 2015

James has just nailed a 3:33:00 according to the London marathon website. Amazing, well done!
http://results-2015.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/2015/
There’s a very clever little tracking page where you can still watch a virtual Andy and Karl running around London.

harv Apr 26th 2015

Fantastic time james well done! Hope you enjoyed it. Never spotted Karl this year. Hope you all had a good run:smile:

john_millen Apr 26th 2015

Well done all! :bigsmile:

JamesG Apr 26th 2015

Yes, very enjoyable day. Was up with 3.30 pace until about the last 4 miles when muscles started to try and cramp up so it just a matter of hanging in there to the end. I am getting a bit slower 2 years on from the 3.30.11 in 2013 but if we allow me the 2% on our age adjusting formula then this was even better! Lovely day in London – stayed with my sister as usual who is very convenient for the start and Michael came down with me so there was lots of family support and WellChild provided a really good buffet and an excellent after race massage with one person per leg so hopefully I will be back in action soon!

JamesG Apr 26th 2015

Just looked up the other results and see that Andy smashed the 4 hour mark with a time of 3.50.54. Karl ran 4.55.33 which must be pretty good in a penguin suit and Penny did 4.53.16 which was an impressive 218th in her age category

y rush Apr 27th 2015

Well done James, Andy and Karl, it was almost perfect running conditions as it was cool :bigsmile:
Great to see Karl so pleased with himself by the baggage lorries whilst I was getting changed; agreed that's one fast Penguin!
Thrilled to be getting faster again :bigsmile:

ANDREW GITTINS Apr 27th 2015

Don't know which Andy you were looking at James.

I finished 4hr 52 min 59 sec (sub 4 in my dreams! - hey 3.15 in 1985 though - had to get that in while I still can.)

Amazing that three of us all finished within 5min though - didn't see any of you! I have raised over £500 for Dreams come True Kids charity - if you want to sponsor then please look me up on just giving AndrewGittins2 - I know some people like to wait for the pain to be endured before sponsoring! Thanks for those who have though!

Andy:smile:

JamesG Apr 27th 2015

Sorry Andy – I just keyed in Andy Gittins and this guy came up, but if I had looked closely I would have seen he was 18-39 and had no club. Your time does indeed come up under Andrew Gittins. I wondered when you had done all that secret training!

karl May 4th 2015

London calling 2016:

The ballot is now open for next April's event, I've already entered and a confirmed email arrived at 01:20.

Despite the fact they say the ballot is open until Friday teatime I can sense everyone will have the same idea and enter before midday today. If it stays open until the 8th, then a potential likelihood of up to one million people will enter it meaning the chances of getting selected will be practically zilch.

y rush May 4th 2015

Ballot entry is working smoothly just had my application accepted :bigsmile:

simst May 4th 2015

My entry in the ballot, surely this year I'll get in :bigsmile:

ANDREW GITTINS May 4th 2015

Put an entry in as well.

Andy G:smile:

JamesG Apr 24th 2016

Just seen the results for the 2016 London Marathon and Adrian Hooper did us proud with 3.30.36. It seems he was going very quickly at the half marathon stage reached in an impressive 1.34.55 but perhaps paid the price over the second half – 26.2 miles of unrelenting running takes some doing and the last few miles can be agonising if you’ve pushed too hard early on. Hope you enjoyed the occasion Ade!

karl May 2nd 2016

Quick reminder....the ballot for the 2017 marathon, on St.George's Day, is open now until Friday teatime, however, if you wish to get your entry in, do it sooner rather than later in case they shut it early, or their systems crash due to overwhelming demand.

verbs Oct 8th 2016

No luck for me again this year. Anyone want a Virgin Money dull grey training top?
Seriously hope others had more success. Who's up for the club place this year?:sad:

karl Oct 11th 2016

Join the club....yet another year Karl gets a no from the ballot, and like Ian, I to have the same training top which I'm sure both of us can wear as leisure wear rather than for running. Everyone else who gets a no will probably get the same thing.

ANDREW GITTINS Oct 12th 2016

and a no from me but not too unhappy about that this year.

What's the deadline / who's processing the club place? (I don't want it though)

Andy

john_millen Oct 18th 2016

Anybody else out there who applied for the London Marathon this year? Currently we have one person we know of who has been both rejected and has never had the opportunity to run before.

Let me know if you also fit this criteria by the end of the week.

Thanks
John

Phil Oct 26th 2016

I have put in the application for the club place but not heard back yet. We used to get 2 places but now need over 99 to qualify for 2.

john_millen Oct 26th 2016

Thanks, Phil.

Sue Apr 23rd 2017

Ian has finished the marathon in 4 hrs 7 minutes, a very decent time. Well done Ian.:smile:

JamesG Apr 23rd 2017

Well done Ian – you worked hard for it!

ANDREW GITTINS Apr 24th 2017

That's a fantastic time - congratulations on that Ian - looked like a really great day out.

Andy G

verbs Apr 25th 2017

Had a good weekend in London. Usual stuff ..saw the sights, went out to dinner, saw a show, ran a marathon......
Seriously had a great time - an unforgettable experience. A race like no other.
Thanks for your kind comments and thanks for the opportunity of representing Black Combe at the London.Marathon.